Thursday, August 12, 2010

Prezi

Before this course, I had never heard of a Previ before so I was curious to find out.
I really enjoyed watching Prezi's made by others that have been shared on the website http://prezi.com/ which is where I made my own. Click here to view it.


PMI of creating and using a Prezi in the Primary classroom:

Plus:
- Very engaging, interesting to watch
- Highlights and focuses key points separately
- Builds on the commonly used PowerPoint tool

Minus:
- I found it quite complicated to use, and would sometimes end up loosing things like photos or words without meaning to.
- Would require a lot of scaffolding before older students able to use individually - time?

Interesting:
- Some students may find the Prezi distracting, as often fast and regular movements are used.


If anyone knows how to embed my Prezi onto my blog, I would love to hear how!

Overall. I didn't enjoy creating my prezi, although this may be due to my lack of experience with it. Hopefully I will be able to spend more time exploring this tool, so that I am able to better enhance my ICT skills.

What experiences did you have with Prezi? Is it something that you'd use? Why/why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment