Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You Tube




Above is a You Tube clip which I search for, then embedded onto this posting.
I would use this short clip to engage my learners, and provide them with some stimulus for conversations or questions. This is similar to what I did described in my blog about Digital Videos.

The following is a PMI analysis of the use of You Tube clips in the Prep classroom.

Plus
- An engaging tool (if the right clip is selected)
- Easily accessed and downloaded/embedded
- A wide range of topics and themes covered

Minus
- Inappropriate materials can sometimes show up on the sides of the webpage (Clips should always be downloaded or embedded onto another safe site such as blackboard)

Interesting
- It can sometimes be difficult to find the right clip required, thus spending a lot of time searching.

Overall, I think You tube is a fantastic tool available to us as Learning Managers, and provides a wide range of topics.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment